The designer will work with a team of designers as well as editorial staff to maintain, develop, and enhance the presentation of news.
• Organize news content in a clear and effective manner.
• Adapt newspaper graphics and maps for the Web.
• Develop and execute design solutions for daily and breaking news.
• Work with other designers and editorial staff to push and develop the presentation of news.
• Bachelors or Associates degree, with a concentration in Fine Arts or Design preferred.
• 2+ years of design experience with at least two years of that experience online.
• An impressive body of work (Web and print) that shows a strong design foundation. Candidate should be prepared to produce and demonstrate URLs of at least two existing sites with explanation of involvement.
• Program skills must include Photoshop, Illustrator, Freehand, Flash Actionscripting, HTML, CSS – experience with InDesign, Dreamweaver and the Macintosh platform a plus.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new software tools and technology quickly.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and give and receive constructive criticism.
- 熟Photoshop, Illustrator, Freehand, Flash Actionscripting, HTML, CSS，且具備InDesign, Dreamweaver與Macintosh作業平台的操作經驗。